Are you a Wounded Healer or a Warrior Goddess? I feel like I have been both at different times. And both at the same time. It takes a ton of courage to stand up and speak our TRUTH. We can do it even when we are still in the process of healing. In fact, sharing is healing in and of itself. I know this from my own experiences AND from years of working with powerful women who have been knocked down but MADE THE CHOICE to stand up again….and share their wisdom! So, ultimately, I would say that however YOU see yourself and where YOU are on your journey is the difference between the two and the defining characteristic of both is Resilience….
Resilience is that ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger then ever. Rather than letting failure over come them and drain their resolve, they find a way to rise from the ashes.
Some Attributes of Resilient People:
- Positive attitude
- The ability to regulate emotions
- The ability to see “failure”, obstacles or setbacks as a form of helpful feedback
- Faith that there is a bigger meaning to life
Welcome to THE RESILIENCY PROJECT! I am truly grateful to be bringing this to the world! When I recently decided it was time to change things up professionally, I started thinking about what has inspired me. I immediately thought of all the great stories that I have read of people who have encountered horrific or tragic experiences and came out stronger, more true to themselves and created a way to shine their light in the world. Some examples of my favorites are A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, Lucky by Alice Sebold, Brain on Fire-My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan, Wild by Cheryl Strayed, one of my first favorites On Lies, Secrets, and Silence by Adrienne Rich and one of my newest favorites Writings in the Sand by Ruth Collins. Not only did they cultivate EMPOWERMENT for themselves but they were vulnerable enough to share their innermost sorrow, anger, doubt, fear and their TRIUMPH with the world! I have had the honor and the privilege of hearing so many heart breaking stories and seeing women transform their lives to not only become survivors but to truly THRIVE! It is out of gratitude and admiration for these brave women that I created THE RESILIENCY PROJECT. My mission is to share the experience, wisdom and skills of the AMAZING women that I know to create a bigger circle of AMAZING WOMEN who will then create a bigger circle of AMAZING WOMEN….!
I truly with all of my heart believe in:
- The POWER of women (and the men who support them by the way….. It is all about Kindred Spirits, Empowerment and LOVE!)
- The ability of each and every one of us to heal ourselves and in doing so, to help heal the world!
- The ability that each of us has to take obstacles, challenges and tragedies and TURN IT AROUND into something that is POWERFUL, BEAUTIFUL and INSPIRING!
- RESILIENCE-It is available to everyone who is willing to be vulnerable enough to reach for it!
- THE TRUTH-WE ARE ALL WORTHY OF LOVE, JOY AND ABUNDANCE!
- NO MISTAKES!!! We do the best that we can at the time with the information and circumstances that we are given.
- WORDS AS A POWERFUL FORCE FOR CHANGE-Words have the ability to change thoughts…thoughts can change actions…actions can change beliefs…beliefs can change the way that we live…the way that we live will change our world…..
I am fired up to share my passion about the RESILIENCY PROJECT. Please tune in, sign up to stay informed and please,please, please comment and share! We have an opportunity to be the light for one another. NOW is the time to speak our truth and claim who we truly are! I implore you to share YOUR light with the world!!!
“When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her.”-Adrienne Rich
Thank you to all of you…Beautiful, Brave and Bold Wounded Healers and Warrior Goddesses!
With lots of love & gratituded,